A high ankle sprain is a sprain in the upper ligaments of ankle, above the ankle itself. These ligaments are attached to the fibula and the tibia, stabilizing the entire area for activities like running and walking.High ankle sprains can happen when have a fractured ankle bone. Sometimes, these can happen when the deltoid ligaments, the ligaments on the inside the ankle, have been torn.
High ankle sprains are also called syndesmotic ankle sprains after the bone and ligaments involved.
- Sudden twisting Or Rotating while walking or Running
- Inversion or dorsiflexion trauma to the syndesmosis
- Injury during playing sports
- Sudden twisting, turning or cutting motion while a person is running or jumping
- High-impact running sports
- Fall on twisted ankle